- Prevention: Prevention of the emergence or release of pathogens
- Detection and Reporting: Early detection and reporting for epidemics of potential international concern
- Rapid Response: Rapid response to and mitigation of the spread of an epidemic
- Health System: Sufficient and robust health system to treat the sick and protect health workers
- Compliance with international norms: Commitments to improving national capacity, financing plans to address gaps, and adhering to global norms
- Risk Environment: Overall risk environment and country vulnerability to biological threats.
NOTE: All data are normalized to a scale of 0 to 100, where 100 = best health security conditions.
2021 GHS Index Country Profile for Cuba
The number of countries scoring in the top tier in overall rankings; no country is fully prepared for future pandemic or epidemic threats.